Prior to the physical integration into the demonstrator, a digital twin (see image below) of the overall vehicle using high fidelity models is being integrated on the ACHILES virtual simulation platform.
The challenges the ACHILES consortium is currently facing are:
- Development of an advanced virtual simulation framework focused on centralized architectures and enhanced vehicle dynamics;
- Definition of Functional Mockup Interfaces for MIL, SIL and HIL implementation of SW and Control Units;
- Modelling of a cutting edge torque vectoring algorithm focused on energy consumption and regenerative braking;
- Dynamic and safety related tests thanks to Real Time-vehicle E/E architecture and -plant emulation;
- Test & Validation of all functionalities under simulated real driving conditions;
- A clean Baseline vs target car comparison due to repeatability and traceability of tests.